Thursday, October 9, 2008




While building the muscles in clay, I learned a lot about the layering of muscles and was able to visualize them inside of the body to understand what their functions are when it comes to movement of the body. I think that the whole process what frustrating for me, I wasn't really able to create the muscles in the way they looked in the book and that lead me to believe that what I was doing was incorrect. I think it helps to be persistent and to keep trying. I found it was often times easier to build onto the model rather then build a muscle off of the model and try to fit it in. I preferred to keep adding on to the muscles rather than subtracting. I think the main thing to keep inmind is that it is difficult so you need to work slowly and make corrections and keep trying until you understand each muscle. I think knowing the muscles will help me see exactly what it is I'm looking at and understand what the muscles are doing. I think it will help in making the drawing look like it has some life.

No comments: