Monday, October 6, 2008

pelvis studies


Gericault Raft of the Medusa (study)
Raphael Study


God creates Adam by Michelangelo.

Figure drawing is difficult. Every assignment so far, I've struggled with, it is a complete challenge to really see things and look for clues in the body to help you draw it. With the pelvis studies, I found I had a hard time placing it, just like in my rib cage studies. I can find some clues in the body, such as the hip bones but I think there are parts of the pelvis that I don't completely understand where they should find themselves in the body. There is a lot of elements to keep in mind when drawing the human figure, I try to focus on every thing but I tend to find when I focus on, for example, the pelvis, I forget other parts of the body, and make mistakes I wouldn't make if I was focusing on that part of the body or bone structure. It's a matter of slowing down, and really seeing, I think that's what will help me in the future.

No comments: