Life drawing has started out fairly well, and within only a short amount of time, I've seen an improvement in my drawing ability. It really is quite exciting. In my first 30 minute drawing, I felt intimidated by the amount of time we had, as well as the idea of drawing the human figure. I had problems with proportions and fitting the entire body on the page. I've noticed that I start drawing quite large leaving little room in the end. By placing everything in the beginning of my drawing time could help make sure I fit the whole figure on the page. I think the line quality I achieved was nice, but then again, I could have used some more variation.
After learning about drawing axis lines, I was able to understand the angles and proportions of the body. My improvement does show in the second 30 minute drawing I did. Much of the drawing looks more believable, however, I do see a few awkward moments. For example, the the shoulders look strange and I arms look long for the body. In this drawing, I think there is a greater line variation and most of my lines have more confidence to them that I think is important. 
My third drawing, again, shows more improvement. I think I, again, had problems fitting everything on the page. This day we learned about the curves of the spine and what to look for when drawing the figure. I concentrated quite a bit on her spine and torso, so when it came to the legs, I found I did not have enough space left. That could be an explanation to why the legs look to be not in proportion to the rest of the body. This day I was also sitting at a drawing horse which was a lot more difficult given the size of my drawing board. I was not able to move as much as I have been able to when standing at an easel. I think that my line quality is better in this and it does show what I learned that day when it came to drawing in the spinal column. I also tried to exaggerate the curves to give it more movement and to make it more believable. Overall, there has been an improvement in my drawings with each new element we learn about.
No comments:
Post a Comment